Right now I am trying my best to have my holiday attitude in place. (I love everything) is the attitude I am going for but being me that is not even a possibility! lol
So my 5 friday favorites are as follows.
- A blog I read called CarrotsNCake.com ! Tina is a great writer, Mom, Wife, Cook and fitness enthusiast. I have been reading her blog for a few years and it is one of the first ones I go to when I log into my Bloglovin account. Today she posted on a soup she made that has kale in it. I have been avoiding kale like the plague for years. I even grew it in my garden this year, canned some and then gave most of it away. I can still say I have never cooked with it, that is until this coming week when I will make her soup.
- A book I’m reading that is by another blogger I follow, Crystal Paine from Moneysavingmom.com. The book is titled Money Making Mom. She talks about women starting home based careers, like blogging or selling crafts. These are both ideas that I am very passionate about. I don’t want to ever have to walk into an office to work everyday, so that being said I love any book that can inspire me with ideas and direction. Just FYI I obviously have a blog started and am in process of perfecting a craft to sell so yay me!
- My early Christmas present that I can’t wait to use. It is a Ninja 3 in 1 Cooking System. I just opened the box and just love it already! This glorified crock pot allows you to say…. Brown the meat for beaf stew and then cook it in the same pot. Less dishes make me very happy. I have always loved using a crockpot. I am not one of those people who got one when they got married and has it in it original box in the basement! I also love practical presents. I am probably one of the few people who asked for a dust buster for Christmas when I was in college.
- PEPPERMINT…. I love peppermint everything! I can say the something about pumpkin in the fall but I think I love peppermint even more. As I am typing this I am eating my fifth or fifteenth Candy Cane Hershy kiss! LOVE THEM! Oh and don’t get me started on Starbucks Peppermint Mochas! I try to stay away but I get at least two per Christmas season… Sometime many more!
- OHHHH… That moment when you think you are all done Christmas shopping and can just relax and spend about ten hours wrapping presents! I do kinda enjoy Christmas shopping, when I have a plan. I hate it when I have no idea what to get someone for Christmas or a birthday. Its awful until you realize that is why they made grift cards! Those things are my saving grace for certain people! I have two nieces and a nephew in Georgia, they are all little and cute and have everything they need so what do I get them??? Hmmm send the mom a gift card and then she gets to give them what they really want! I know it seems like I am shirking my duties but I am a bit more practical than most and think its better to get someone what they want than what I want them to have. Some of the time that is!
Well thats it…. Have a great Christmas and I hope you get everything you need for Christmas and a little bit of what you want!