Right now I am trying my best to have my holiday attitude in place. (I love everything) is the attitude I am going for but being me that is not even a possibility! lol
So my 5 friday favorites are as follows.
- A blog I read called CarrotsNCake.com ! Tina is a great writer, Mom, Wife, Cook and fitness enthusiast. I have been reading her blog for a few years and it is one of the first ones I go to when I log into my Bloglovin account. Today she posted on a soup she made that has kale in it. I have been avoiding kale like the plague for years. I even grew it in my garden this year, canned some and then gave most of it away. I can still say I have never cooked with it, that is until this coming week when I will make her soup.
- A book I’m reading that is by another blogger I follow, Crystal Paine from Moneysavingmom.com. The book is titled Money Making Mom. She talks about women starting home based careers, like blogging or selling crafts. These are both ideas that I am very passionate about. I don’t want to ever have to walk into an office to work everyday, so that being said I love any book that can inspire me with ideas and direction. Just FYI I obviously have a blog started and am in process of perfecting a craft to sell so yay me!
- My early Christmas present that I can’t wait to use. It is a Ninja 3 in 1 Cooking System. I just opened the box and just love it already! This glorified crock pot allows you to say…. Brown the meat for beaf stew and then cook it in the same pot. Less dishes make me very happy. I have always loved using a crockpot. I am not one of those people who got one when they got married and has it in it original box in the basement! I also love practical presents. I am probably one of the few people who asked for a dust buster for Christmas when I was in college.
- PEPPERMINT…. I love peppermint everything! I can say the something about pumpkin in the fall but I think I love peppermint even more. As I am typing this I am eating my fifth or fifteenth Candy Cane Hershy kiss! LOVE THEM! Oh and don’t get me started on Starbucks Peppermint Mochas! I try to stay away but I get at least two per Christmas season… Sometime many more!
- OHHHH… That moment when you think you are all done Christmas shopping and can just relax and spend about ten hours wrapping presents! I do kinda enjoy Christmas shopping, when I have a plan. I hate it when I have no idea what to get someone for Christmas or a birthday. Its awful until you realize that is why they made grift cards! Those things are my saving grace for certain people! I have two nieces and a nephew in Georgia, they are all little and cute and have everything they need so what do I get them??? Hmmm send the mom a gift card and then she gets to give them what they really want! I know it seems like I am shirking my duties but I am a bit more practical than most and think its better to get someone what they want than what I want them to have. Some of the time that is!
Well thats it…. Have a great Christmas and I hope you get everything you need for Christmas and a little bit of what you want!
Whoo-Hoo its Friday! For most this is the best day of the week… At least when the clock hits 5:00 or so! Its now time to wind down, enjoy the family and catch up with your life.
My Friday favorites for this week are
1) The turkey I have cooking in the oven right now! It smells sooooo good! I covered it with bacon so it smells better than ever. Now some would ask why I am cooking a 21lb turkey on the Friday before Thanksgiving and that would be because we are going out to eat on Thanksgiving. I will be eating squash ravioli instead of turkey so we won’t have the much loved left overs.
2) Visiting family… I don’t have a picture but we will be visiting my husbands grandfather who just had surgery. He is 86 and has dementia. He was and is a joy to us. He is half deaf, confused and not feeling very well but we love him and try to see him as often as we can. Its just hard to get to the other side of the state as often as we think we should.
3) Spending my Birthday with Joel and Hannah. Joel/Hubby brought home Chinese food and presents for me and we just chilled out and watched The Librarians. Very fun show that we don’t mind our 13 year old watching. I have come to understand that a birthday is better spent quietly with those you love most than out partying with people who really don’t care who you are.
4) So excited to get my new Cookbook from Hannah for my birthday, (it is what I asked for.) I just love the Pioneer Woman Ree Drumond, I read her blogs, sometimes watch her show and now have all of her cookbooks. Her new Cookbook “The Pioneer Woman Cooks Dinnertime” looks awesome. Now to pick out my favorite recipe!
5) Thanksgiving… I love everything about Thanksgiving except the cleaning up. We watch a parade, eat snacks and then a big lunch, and then we decorate for Christmas. We of course have cookies, eggnog and Christmas carols playing. Thanksgiving is just all about being thankful for who we have in our lives and thanking God for all of our blessings. Its nicer than the commercialism that is Christmas even though I do love the Christian meaning behind Christmas. Its just been turned into a time of gimme. So much stress. This year we will be eating out with Joel’s fathers side of the family and it should be a nice dinner at a nice restaurant with no muss or fuss.
I can’t wait to dig into the squash ravioli with brown butter sauce…. Sooooo Yummy.
These are just some of the people and things I am loving right now
#1 – Learning how to do the techie stuff for my Blog from Udemy Videos. If you have never used Udemy or even heard of it, let me tell you it is awesome! You go on the site and find something you want to learn about and sign up for a class. Many classes you pay for but some are free. Joel is taking a course in a computer language and I have taken classes on Youtube videos and Blogging. I will also be taking classes on soap making soon. So exciting. “UDEMY” Look it up!
#2 – Scrapbooking with friends! I am going on a weekend getaway tonight to my girlfriend Shauna’s house where we will spend time talking, eating, napping, and even a little scrapbooking together. Its so nice to take sometime to reconnect with friends that you don’t see that often!
#3- A Husband who makes all things possible! I tell him I want to make photo coasters and… Joel figures out what I need and pushes me to buy the supplies. He even does the comparison shopping for the materials. Now he is going to build a pouring surface for pouring the epoxy. If I come up with a scheme he is usually right on board to help me in any way he can!
Listen up ladies…. Mary a man who does not drink and that does not watch sports! You will have a man who is more willing to do stuff with you that way.
#4- This favorite is another person… She is someone who I have not actually seen in years but I still see and chat with on Facebook. Amy Manseau is a beautiful woman of God. She is beautiful inside and out. She works hard to homeschool her boys, Seems to be an incredible wife to her husband David, works in her church, has a regular job and also does Jamberry sales on the side. I read her Facebook posts and I think to myself that this is a woman who does it all.
Many years ago when she still lived in Connecticut I was going to be going into the hospital for spinal surgery. My mom was out of state but flying in later in the day on the day I was having the surgery. I was going to be alone, in pain and more than a little nervous the night before the surgery, SO Amy and the Pastor of our church decided that Amy would spend the night with me and stay during my surgery. She has a true servants heart and stayed up with me all evening and talked and we also watched some TV together. She not only stayed with me until Pastor came to the hospital to pray before surgery but she stayed long after surgery until my mom got to the hospital. Thats just who Amy is! The world could use a lot more people with a heart like hers!
Love you Amy!
#5- My puppies who keep me company all day while I am unemployed. They are the cutest little pests imaginable. This house would be so empty without Gizmo and Molly!
1) Long holiday weekends – We may not go anywhere or do anything big but I get an extra day this holiday weekend to spend with my husband/best friend. I’m home alone all week long so having Joel home with me makes me very Happy.
2) My garden is starting to give us yummy food. I will be learning to can and preserve food in the next few weeks. This fun will give me many successes and failures to blog about during this summer and fall.
3) The Drive-in theater for summer movies I plan to see a couple of movies this weekend with my family. Going to the Drive-in theater is a yearly adventure that we love. It’s a forty minute drive for us so we only do it once or twice a year so it is extra special… We will pack up a cooler filled with all our movie watching favorites so we only need to buy popcorn when we get to the drive-in. I hope to see “inside out” and Jurasic world”
4) Church… I missed it this week because I was not feeling very when I woke up. My husband reported back that our youth pastor did a fantastic job talking about how the Supreme court has led us one more step down a slippery slope of sin and confusion! Lets me say this now…. I do not hate the homosexual community! Not even for a minute do I wish them pain or unhappiness! I do however believe the Word of God and believe in what His Word says about marriage and families. I will be talking about this in my Sunday blog post.
5) Reading other peoples blogs… I have a few that I read as often as they post. They are the first ones I check out on the Bloglovin.com site where I have a full list of every blog I have ever decided to read and follow. My favorites make me feel like I am part of there family and I need to keep up with them and the milestones in there lives.
So there you have it! My first Friday favorites post. I hope to keep up with these each week.