Whoo-Hoo its Friday! For most this is the best day of the week… At least when the clock hits 5:00 or so! Its now time to wind down, enjoy the family and catch up with your life.
My Friday favorites for this week are
1) The turkey I have cooking in the oven right now! It smells sooooo good! I covered it with bacon so it smells better than ever. Now some would ask why I am cooking a 21lb turkey on the Friday before Thanksgiving and that would be because we are going out to eat on Thanksgiving. I will be eating squash ravioli instead of turkey so we won’t have the much loved left overs.
2) Visiting family… I don’t have a picture but we will be visiting my husbands grandfather who just had surgery. He is 86 and has dementia. He was and is a joy to us. He is half deaf, confused and not feeling very well but we love him and try to see him as often as we can. Its just hard to get to the other side of the state as often as we think we should.
3) Spending my Birthday with Joel and Hannah. Joel/Hubby brought home Chinese food and presents for me and we just chilled out and watched The Librarians. Very fun show that we don’t mind our 13 year old watching. I have come to understand that a birthday is better spent quietly with those you love most than out partying with people who really don’t care who you are.
4) So excited to get my new Cookbook from Hannah for my birthday, (it is what I asked for.) I just love the Pioneer Woman Ree Drumond, I read her blogs, sometimes watch her show and now have all of her cookbooks. Her new Cookbook “The Pioneer Woman Cooks Dinnertime” looks awesome. Now to pick out my favorite recipe!
5) Thanksgiving… I love everything about Thanksgiving except the cleaning up. We watch a parade, eat snacks and then a big lunch, and then we decorate for Christmas. We of course have cookies, eggnog and Christmas carols playing. Thanksgiving is just all about being thankful for who we have in our lives and thanking God for all of our blessings. Its nicer than the commercialism that is Christmas even though I do love the Christian meaning behind Christmas. Its just been turned into a time of gimme. So much stress. This year we will be eating out with Joel’s fathers side of the family and it should be a nice dinner at a nice restaurant with no muss or fuss.
I can’t wait to dig into the squash ravioli with brown butter sauce…. Sooooo Yummy.